(ALERT: The 2016 dinner has been canceled because of the Winter Storm affecting the New York area.)
Enjoy an evening with some of baseball’s best players at the New York Baseball Writers’ Association of America dinner, Jan. 23, 2016, at the New York Hilton, 1335 Ave. of the Americas, at 7 p.m.
The 2015 winners* will receive their trophies for MVP, Cy Young, Rookie of the Year and Manager of the Year. The New York chapter will also hand out its awards:
- Josh Donaldson – AL MVP
- Bryce Harper – NL MVP
- Dallas Keuchel – AL Cy Young
- Jake Arrieta – NL Cy Young
- Carlos Correa – AL Rookie of the Year
- Kris Byrant – NL Rookie of the Year
- Jeff Banister – AL Manager of the year
- Joe Maddon – NL Manager of the Year
New York chapter awards
- Matt Harvey, Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard & Steven Matz – Toast of the Town
- Mark Mulder, Tim Hudson & Barry Zito – Willie, Mickey and the Duke Award
- LaTroy Hawkins – Slocum Award for Long and Meritorious Service
- Yogi Berra – Joan Payson Humanitarian Award
- Wade Davis – Postseason MVP
- Terry Collins – Epstein/Castellano Good Guy Award
- Tommy John – Casey Stengel “You Could Look It Up” Award
- Curtis Granderson – New York Player of the Year
- Marcus Stroman – You Gotta Have Heart Award
Plus a few special guest presenters
In the face of rising costs across the board, we have managed to hold the price of our tickets to $225 each, with an additional $10 fee if purchased through PayPal. Tables are also available, with a limit of 12 per table ($2,700), although 10 is preferable ($2,250).
Tickets are $225.
We respectfully request that attendees observe the following:
Dress is black tie optional. Business attire is acceptable, and we reserve the right to deny admittance to those not properly attired; ie, jeans, sneakers, T-shirts, etc.
There is no smoking in the ballroom.
Guests will not sign autographs from the dais.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Thanks very much and we hope to see you on January 23!
* Attendance of award winners is subject to their availability.