Enjoy an evening with some of baseball’s best players at the New York Baseball Writers’ Association of America dinner, Jan. 25, 2014, at the New York Hilton, 1335 Ave. of the Americas, at 7 p.m.
The 2013 winners* will receive their trophies for MVP, Cy Young, Rookie of the Year and Manager of the Year. The New York chapter will also hand out its awards:
- Miguel Cabrera – AL MVP
- Andrew McCutchen – NL MVP
- Max Scherzer – AL Cy Young
- Clayton Kershaw – NL Cy Young
- Wil Myers – AL Rookie of the Year
- Jose Fernandez – NL Rookie of the Year
- Terry Francona – AL Manager of the year
- Clint Hurdle – NL Manager of the Year
New York chapter awards
- Mariano Rivera – Toast of the Town
- Andy Pettitte – Toast of the Town
- Hank Aaron – Willie, Mickey and the Duke Award
- Al Downing – Willie, Mickey and the Duke Award
- Tim McCarver – Long and Meritorious Service
- Dillon Gee – Joan Payson Humanitarian Award
- Bobby Parnell – Joan Payson Humanitarian Award
- David Ortiz – Postseason MVP
- David Robertson – Good Guy Award
- 1994 Expos – Casey Stengel “You Could Look It Up” Award
- Boston Strong – You Gotta Have Heart Award
Plus a few special guest presenters
In the face of rising costs across the board, we have managed to hold the price of our tickets to $225 each. Tables are also available, with a limit of 12 per table ($2,700), although 10 is preferable ($2,250).
Tickets are $225, plus a $7.50 handling fee.
We respectfully request that attendees observe the following:
Dress is black tie optional. Business attire is acceptable, and we reserve the right to deny admittance to those not properly attired; ie, jeans, sneakers, T-shirts, etc.
There is no smoking in the ballroom.
Guests will not sign autographs from the dais.
Thanks very much and we hope to see you on January 25!
* Attendance of award winners is subject to their availability.