Enjoy an evening with some of baseball’s best players at the New York Baseball Writers’ Association of America dinner, Jan. 24, 2015, at the New York Hilton, 1335 Ave. of the Americas, at 7 p.m.
The 2014 winners* will receive their trophies for MVP, Cy Young, Rookie of the Year and Manager of the Year. The New York chapter will also hand out its awards:
- Mike Trout – AL MVP
- Clayton Kershaw – NL MVP, NL Cy Young
- Corey Kluber – AL Cy Young
- Jose Abreu – AL Rookie of the Year
- Jacob deGrom – NL Rookie of the Year
- Buck Showalter – AL Manager of the year
- Matt Williams – NL Manager of the Year
New York chapter awards
- Derek Jeter – Toast of the Town
- Sandy Koufax – Willie, Mickey and the Duke Award
- Bob Hendley – Willie, Mickey and the Duke Award
- Vin Scully – Willie, Mickey and the Duke Award
- Bud Selig – Long and Meritorious Service
- Mark Teixeira – Joan Payson Humanitarian Award
- Madison Bumgarner – Postseason MVP
- Brett Gardner – Good Guy Award
- Bobby Jones – Casey Stengel “You Could Look It Up” Award
- Dellin Betances – New York Player of the Year
- Cal Ripken and Pete Frates – You Gotta Have Heart Award
Plus a few special guest presenters
In the face of rising costs across the board, we have managed to hold the price of our tickets to $225 each, with an additional $10 fee if purchased through PayPal. Tables are also available, with a limit of 12 per table ($2,700), although 10 is preferable ($2,250).
Tickets are $225.
We respectfully request that attendees observe the following:
Dress is black tie optional. Business attire is acceptable, and we reserve the right to deny admittance to those not properly attired; ie, jeans, sneakers, T-shirts, etc.
There is no smoking in the ballroom.
Guests will not sign autographs from the dais.
Thanks very much and we hope to see you on January 24!
* Attendance of award winners is subject to their availability.