Enjoy an evening with some of baseball’s best players at the New York Baseball Writers’ Association of America dinner, Jan. 21, 2017, at the New York Hilton, 1335 Ave. of the Americas, at 7 p.m.
The 2016 winners* will receive their trophies for MVP, Cy Young, Rookie of the Year and Manager of the Year. The New York chapter will also hand out its awards:
- AL MVP: Mike Trout
- NL MVP: Kris Bryant
- AL Cy Young: Rick Porcello
- NL Cy Young: Max Scherzer
- AL Rookie of the Year: Michael Fulmer
- NL Rookie of the Year: Corey Seager
- AL Manager of the year: Terry Francona
- NL Manager of the Year: Dave Roberts
New York chapter awards
- Toast of the Town: Bartolo Colon
- Willie, Mickey and the Duke Award: Dellin Betances, Aroldis Chapman and Andrew Miller
- Slocum Award for Long and Meritorious Service: David Ortiz and Mark Teixeira
- Joan Payson Humanitarian Award: Shannon Forde
- Postseason MVP: Jon Lester
- Epstein/Castellano Good Guy Award: Chase Headley
- Casey Stengel “You Could Look It Up” Award: Hector Lopez
- New York Player of the Year: Noah Syndergaard
- You Gotta Have Heart Award: Kyle Schwarber
Plus a few special guest presenters
In the face of rising costs across the board, we have managed to hold the price of our tickets to $225 each, with an additional $10 fee if purchased through PayPal. Tables are also available, with a limit of 12 per table ($2,700), although 10 is preferable ($2,250).
Tickets are $225.
We respectfully request that attendees observe the following:
Dress is black tie optional. Business attire is acceptable, and we reserve the right to deny admittance to those not properly attired; ie, jeans, sneakers, T-shirts, etc.
There is no smoking in the ballroom.
Guests will not sign autographs from the dais.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks very much and we hope to see you on January 21!
* Attendance of award winners is subject to their availability.